Mini Vinnies are 7 to 11 year olds based in schools and parishes across England and Wales, and in several other countries across the world. They come together to form a part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society England and Wales, a voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty in all its forms. Mini Vinnies meet to pray, discuss and support however they can to help make a difference in their communities.
The Mini Vinnie mission is to turn concern into action!
Mini Vinnies truly turn concern into action as we use the simple formula of ‘see, think, do’ to find people in need and help them.
The Mini Vinnies Pledge
As a member of Mini Vinnies, I promise to make a difference to my world by:
- Caring for, respecting and loving myself
- Strengthening my friendship with Jesus by talking to him each day and talking to others about him
- Caring for others in my school and community by being a friend to those who are alone, in need or in trouble
- Making my family happy by my help, respect and showing kindness and consideration
- Caring for and enjoying God’s world
- Treating others the way I would like them to treat me
The Mini Vinnies Prayer
Lord, thank you for our gifts and talents.
Lord, show us who needs our help.
Lord, use our hands to help those who are hungry.
Lord, open our hearts to love and
comfort those who are sad and lonely.
Lord, let us share our time, gifts
and talents with those in need.
Lord, help us to care for the sick.
Lord, may we all help and support each
other as Mini Vinnies to build a better world. Amen